Saturday, June 8, 2013

N. T. Wright: What Is the Gospel? An Interview with the Evangelical Alliance


Over the next couple of weeks my posts will be few and far between. I will be headed to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on Monday to attend the wedding of my son, at which I will be privileged to deliver the homily. Before I leave, however, I thought it helpful to share a brief (13 minutes) video interview from Britain's Evangelical alliance (http://www.eauk.org/church/campaigns/...) with the famous New Testament scholar N. T. Wright of the University of St. Andrews. The topic? None other than the gospel—in particular, What is the gospel? Regular readers of this blog will remember that I did an excruciatingly in-depth 9-part series on this subject in February, March, and April 2012 (see herehereherehereherehereherehere, and here). Last September I also did a brief post in which I attempted to summarize the gospel in seven words, à la D. L. Moody (with somewhat different results, of course). Over the past 20 years or so, no one scholar has had a greater influence on my work than Wright's has, and so it is not surprising that what he says in the interview resonates deeply within my soul. Listen ... and learn!



No comments:

Post a Comment